The World Cup 2022 is kicking on at some pace in Qatar.
And this means we’re now at the stage when teams face elimination each day, with their tournament over in brutal fashion.
Which teams have been knocked out of the World Cup 2022?
Qatar were knocked out after just FIVE days – the shortest time for a host at the World Cup.
Ecuador went out after their 2-1 loss to Senegal, who join the Netherlands in the last-16.
Wales were knocked out of the World Cup after England came out 3-0 victors over their rivals thanks to goals from Marcus Rashford and Phil Foden.
Iran also suffered the same fate as Wales, falling to a 1-0 defeat to the USA to see them drop out of the tournament.
Saudi Arabia finished bottom of Group C despite an opening day victory over Arentina.
It was chaos to decide who went out between Mexico and Poland, both sides level on points, goals scored, goals against, and head-to-head record at one point.
However, Poland holding a better fair play record, they were set to go through before Saudi Arabia netted a late goal to seal Mexico’s fate, who ended up crashing out on goal difference.
France became the first team to advance to the last-16.
Australia joined them, pulling off a shock finish as runners up in the group.
Therefore, both Denmark and Tunisia are heading home.
Spain, Japan, Germany and Costa Rica can all still advance.
Canada became the second team to exit after losing 4-1 to Croatia.
Belgium, Croatia, Morocco can all still advance.
Brazil are through to the last-16.
Switzerland, Cameroon and Serbia can all still also advance.
Portugal are through to the last-16.
South Korea, Uruguay and Ghana can all still advance.
Last 16 fixture dates
Saturday, December 3
- Match 49: Netherlands vs USA (3pm)
- Match 50: Winners Group C vs Runners-up Group D (7pm)
Sunday, December 4
- Match 52: Winners Group D vs Runners-up Group C (3pm)
- Match 51: England vs Senegal (7pm)
Monday, December 5
- Match 53: Winners Group E vs Runners-up Group F (3pm)
- Match 54: Winners Group G vs Runners-up Group H (7pm)
Tuesday, December 6
- Match 55: Winners Group F vs Runners-up Group E (3pm)
- Match 56: Winners Group H vs Runners-up Group G (7pm)
Friday, December 9
- Match 58: Winners of Match 53 vs Winners of Match 54 (3pm)
- Match 57: Winners of Match 49 vs Winners of Match 50 (7pm)
Saturday, December 10
- Match 60: Winners of Match 55 vs Winners of Match 56 (3pm)
- Match 59: Winners of Match 51 vs Winners of Match 52 (7pm)
Tuesday, December 13
- Match 61: Winners of Match 57 vs Winners of Match 58 (7pm)
Wednesday, December 14
- Match 62: Winners of Match 59 vs Winners of Match 60 (7pm)
- Third/Fourth place play-off
Saturday, December 17
- Losers of Match 61 vs Losers of Match 62 (3pm)
Sunday, December 18
- Winners of Match 61 vs Winners of Match 62 (3pm)
What are the most important dates for the World Cup?
- The group stages got underway on Sunday, November 20.
- Round of 16 will be on December 3 – December 6.
- Quarter-final stages begin on December 9 – December 10.
- Semi-finals are taking place on December 13 – December 14.
- The World Cup final will be participated on Sunday, December 18