Queen Mary University of London PhD Studentship in Resource Management: Queen Mary University of London invites applications for a full PhD Scholarship starting in January 2022 (or as soon as possible thereafter) to undertake research in the area of Resource Management for Edge/Serverless Computing.
The scholarship offers a 3-year fully funding for a PhD studentship supported by Queen Mary University of London including student fees and a tax-free stipend starting at £17,609 per annum available for applicants from any nationality.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Queen Mary University of London, UK
Scholarship Type: Fully funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Queen Mary University of London, UK
Scholarship Worth: Full Scholarship and stipend starting at £17,609 per annum
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (PhD)
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Queen Mary University of London PhD Studentship in Resource Management | DETAILS
The applications is granted for a full PhD Scholarship starting in January 2022 (or as soon as possible thereafter) to undertake research in the area of Resource Management for Edge/Serverless Computing.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Interested applicants seeking for Fully-funded Queen Mary University of London PhD Studentship in Resource Management, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- The award is available for applicants from all nationalities.
- All applicants should have a first-class honour degree or equivalent, or a MSc degree, in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering (or a related discipline).
- Applicants should have a good knowledge of English and ability to express themselves clearly in both written and spoken form.
- The successful candidate must be strongly motivated to undertake doctoral studies, as well as must have demonstrated the ability to work independently and perform critical analysis.
- Experience in Cloud, Edge, Serverless Computing.
- Good coding skills in Python, Matlab and/or Java.
- Good knowledge of data science methods.
- Understanding of Machine Learning and IoT.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Experience and knowledge of machine learning techniques.
- Experience in action and activity recognition.
- How-to-Apply: To apply, please follow the online instructions specified by the college website for research degrees: http://www.eecs.qmul.ac.uk/phd/how-to-apply/. Steps 2 onwards are applicable in this case.
- Application Documents: Please note that you will be required to provide a ‘Statement of Research Interests’. Your statement (no more than 500 words) should answer two questions:
- Why are you interested in the topic described above?
- What relevant experience do you have?
- In addition to this, we would also like you to submit a sample of your written work. This might be a chapter of your final year or masters dissertation, or a published conference or journal paper.
- In order to submit application, click on “PhD Full-time Computer Science – Semester 2 (January Start) on the official page.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2021