in ,

Gabby Petito lifetime movie not approved by heartbroken parents

The family of Gabby Petito slammed the Lifetime movie being created about the late vlogger.

A statement from Gabby’s mother that was shared by The AWARE Foundation says the Petito family doesn’t approve of the film.

“We thought our followers should know that the Lifetime movie on Gabby Petito has no connection to the Petito family nor did they give their approval,” the statement shared by the foundation reads.

“Lifetime took it upon themselves to make the movie.”

The film, with a working title of “The Gabby Petito Story,” was announced by A&E on May 5 as part of Lifetime’s Stop Violence Against Women initiative.

Thora Birch is set to direct and portray Petito’s mother, Nichole Schmidt.

The film plans to explore the relationship between Petito and Brian Laundrie and what may have happened during their cross-country road trip that resulted in Petito’s murder.

Production on the film is set to begin this summer. It will be filmed in Utah.

The film will premiere later this year, according to A&E.

The AWARE Foundation of Virginia advocates for missing and endangered persons.

AWARE is an acronym for Always Watch and Recognize your Environment.

The Gabby Petito Foundation previously partnered with The AWARE Foundation in December 2021.

AWARE worked with the Petito family during the search for Gabby last September.

Lifetime has not immediately returned The US Sun’s request for comment.

News of the Lifetime movie comes as Schmidt is suing Brian Laundrie’s estate for $30million in a new lawsuit after claiming his parents helped him flee.

Schmidt is filing a wrongful death lawsuit in Florida and is seeking damages of $30million.

The lawsuit claims that Laundrie intentionally killed Petito, according to the New York Post.

As a result, Schmidt and Gabby’s dad Joseph Petito “incurred funeral and burial expenses, and they have suffered a loss of care and comfort, and suffered a loss of probable future companionship, society and comfort.”

Schmidt’s lawsuit also demands a trial by jury, as well as judgment for compensatory damages.

Barry Spivey, who curated Laundrie’s estate, told The US Sun he has “no knowledge about the lawsuit” and that he is “acting in a very limited role.”

COMMENT BELOW

drop your comment below 👇

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

EA Sports ends partnership with FIFA with iconic video game getting revamp in 2023

Passenger with no idea how to fly airplane safely lands plane after pilot gets sick